The DX Patrol 100 kHz to 2 GHz SDR receiver appears to be a custom built RTL-SDR with upconverter built in. It is made by CT1FFU who is also known to be a good manufacturer of upconverters for the RTL-SDR. The DX Patrol SDR can be bought for 79 Euros at CT1FFU’s website. It’s features are as follows:
- Ultra Wide-band Coverage SDR Receiver
- Full coverage reception form 100KHz to 2GHz SDR
- Independent antenna inputs for Shortwave and VHF
- USB computer connection ( mini usb)
- Very High dynamic range receiver
- Low noise pin-diode band switch
- Accurate and efficient band filters
- Very clean audio reception
- SMA golden antenna connectors
- LED power and band indication
- 40MHz local oscillator for HF conversion
- DBM balance diode ring mixer
- Small size board
- Freeware software
- Up to 3.2 M Sample rate.
We aren’t sure how this compares to a standard RTL-SDR with conventional upconverter, or direct sampling mode and we also aren’t sure about the truthfulness to their very high dynamic range claims as the RTL-SDR is known to have dynamic range that isn’t what could be called very high (8 bits ~ 50 dB).
Over on YouTube user OfficialSWLchannel has uploaded a video review. OfficialSWLchannel gives a generally positive review of the hardware.