Lightweight Windows Software uSDR Updated to Version 1.5.0
Since 2021 we've posted about Viol Tailor's "uSDR" (microSDR) software a couple of times. uSDR is a lightweight general purpose multimode program for Windows that supports the RTL-SDR, Airspy, BladeRF, HackRF and LimeSDR radios. The software can be downloaded from SourceForce.
Viol notes that recently the project has been updated to V1.5.0 which brings the following new features and changes.
- lock device frequency on zoom option
- keep waterfall history – the very great option, do not lose any rare signals
- advanced passband IQ recorder
- passband IQ TCP server for remote processing, C/C++ client source examples included
- advanced audio player, auto selectable sample rate, separate left/right channels
- CTCSS decoder
- markers import option convenient for merge markers
- Ctrl+Shift+Drag Up/Down – change spectrum magnitude offset
- Ctrl+Shift+Mouse Wheel – change spectrum magnitude range (vertical zoom)
- Ctrl+Mouse Hover – highlight nearest marker
- Ctrl+Double Click– tune to highlighted nearest marker
- band plan visualization, simple text format
- frontend interface improvements
- GUI improvements
- spectrum and waterfall popup menus improvements
- a lot of bug fixes
I am extremely impressed with this software. It fills a need for those of us will old, slow computers. I sometimes like to stream my SDR on Discord but all the other programs use so much memory it makes it difficult, sometimes even disconnecting me from Discord due to the computer having to dump memory. uSDR has such a small footprint it allows me to stream with NO problems. I also like the cursor controls, being able to adjust the bandwidth, frequency AND squelch right at the cursor is fantastic. All in all, a very well done program.