SDRuno Updated to Version 1.22
The official software package of the SDRplay range of products is SDRuno and it has recently been updated to version 1.22. SDRuno is also compatible with the RTL-SDR.
In addition to some UI improvements for new users, the main changes are pasted below. What's also very interesting is their road map which states that future versions of SDRuno will have frequency scanning capabilities, a remote network streaming server/client implementation and an API for the support of third party plugins. This would improve it's capabilities similar to that of SDR#.
• Support for 1366×768 default layout
• ADC overload detection in AGC off mode
• ADC overload acknowledgment system to avoid lockout condition
• Custom step size for each mode
• Band Button Groups (Ham Lower, Ham Upper, Broadcast)
• Two additional SP1 width presets (2560 and 3840)
• Additional menu option in memory panel to reset column widths (helps when upgrading)
• Scheduled Recording
• Auto update
• Registry reset now only clears 1.2+ entries
• SP1 Window max size supports 4K displays (3840×2160)
• Small improvements to the memory panel (panel width and field width changes)
• Improvements to the IF output mode
• UTC time fixed to 24 hour format
• Play!/Stop button colour coordinated
• Move MUTE button to make way for VOLUME label
• Moved Squelch value display to the right
• Log10 SING error
• Aero support detection to try to prevent rendering issues
• Freezing when switching to HiZ port in gain mode
• Gain “pumping” issue when in gain mode
• Settings panels not displaying properly when “un-minimised”
• Zoomed in frequency scale drag out of bounds bug
• Noise floor measurement bug
• Improved RSP error handling
• Sample rate change causing spectrum display issues
• Device selection bug
• SP2 CWAFC drift issue (Zoom/window size/freq display) – will be addressed in 1.23, workaround for now is to zoom out fully in the SP2 window and then the CWAFC feature will work.
• IF output mode disabled SP1 spectrum mouse clicks – temporary issue until LO is separated from the VFO (see plans below)
Following on from the 1.21 release where we outlined the features for coming releases, we have updated our plans, as shown below. The purpose of publishing this information is to give people an insight to the development plans but it is NOT a guarantee of the exact feature line-up and we cannot give release dates.
1.23 Intermediate update
• Recording of selected signal only (either I/Q or audio) to WAV file format
• Selected signal piped to VAC in I/Q format
1.3 Major update
• Separation of VFO and LO frequency control
• Frequency scanning
1.31 Intermediate update
• Remote client for network based streaming I/Q server applications
1.4 Major update
• Addition of new API for third party plugins
Download link: https://www.sdrplay.com/downloads
UPDATE: Mike Ladd from SDRplay has uploaded a video showing what's in the new version.
This version is required for RSP-1A support…
I personally would like to see LNA based AGC, without any IF gains. In my experience, increasing IF gain causes amplifying any background noises, so I keep it at minimum all the time.
In the hardware side I’d like to see one extra LNA for VHF+ and a real superheterodyne with high first intermediate frequency, like 200MHz, and a real SAW filter. It needs also much better antenna input separation.
That would pump SdrPlay quality many steps upwards.
That would be a killer feature
Just downloaded it couple days ago, it’s amazing how much minor details can improve the whole experience! SDRUNO is pleasure to use now.
I wish they added or at least planned adding something like DCD for decoding digital voice.