KerberosSDR is currently on sale for US$150 over on the Othernet store.
Sale ends 1 NOV SUNDAY MIDNIGHT (PT)!
If you weren't aware KerberosSDR is our 4-channel phase coherent capable RTL-SDR unit that we previously crowdfunded back in 2018. With a 4-channel phase coherent RTL-SDR interesting applications like radio direction finding (RDF), passive radar and beam forming become possible. It can also be used as 4 separate RTL-SDRs for multichannel monitoring.
In previous posts we've shown some interesting experiments performed with the KerberosSDR. For example:
- Tracking a weather balloon via radio direction finding techniques only
- Passive radar peak hold displaying aircraft tracks
- Monitoring air traffic, ADS-B, ACARS and VDL2 simultaneously with the four tuners
- KerberosSDR tracking a drone carrying an FM beacon
- How to set up networked multi unit radio direction finding
- Measuring vehicle traffic activity in a neighbourhood with passive radar
- SignalsEverywhere demonstrating the KerberosSDR RDF Android App
- Our own demos of the KerberosSDR RDF Android App
We note that V2 of our KerberosSDR demo software is also on the way but a little delayed. We are aiming to release a beta around the end of the year, or early next year at the latest. The new software will have better handling of bursty intermittent signals, and paves the way for new developments coming in 2021 such as combined passive radar direction finding.